Friday, April 16, 2010

Implant Update!

I'm back at work today after my minor procedure yesterday. They did have to do a bone graph so now I have several sitches in my mouth. Ironically this seems to be hurting me more than the implant itself. Nothing a little aspirin shouldn't take care of. They did give me some codine but I figure it's better if I take that at night rather than during the day at least if I plan on functioning today.
For the first few days I am supposed to be on a liquid diet, I can't drink through a straw or eat anything hot. What does that leave? Jello (which makes me gag just thinking about it), warm soup (yum too bad it's not hot!), pudding (delicious), yogurt with blended fruit (delicious), and my favorite MILK SHAKES!!!! I am sure there are other things I could do too that don't require chewing. These are just the easiest to prepare.


I really need to be able to function today a small little boy in my house will be turning 2 on Sunday! To celebrate we are having people to our house on Saturday. I have a lot of shopping and preparing to do so I need to be in as little pain as possible. I am sure Sunday we will take him out to eat at his favorite restaurant Mama Juanita's or as the kids used to call it Mama One Fajitas
Enjoy your day! I will post on Sunday with pictures from the party and Max's two year old video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the eating department is rather put on "hold"..look at this way..you don't have time to eat as it sound like you are going to be busy w/our 2yr. old...have lots of fun..and pretty weather...Hugs, Grandma..ps:glad you are feeling OK...