Monday, August 16, 2010

A Day on the Town

Every other Friday I have the pleasure of hanging out with mom and going on excursions with the kids.
This past Friday mom and I had big plans for the kids. We started the day off first with a trip to the Library. Let me just say WOW! As soon as we got in the door the kids took off. They were handing mom and me books left and right. In the famous words of Uncle Gary holy cow! It was insane. I am not kidding within a minute flat mom and I had the maximum 25 books in hand. 27 actually, mom ended up having to put 2 back.

We then hopped on the Trolly and headed to the Market Square fountains. Mom and I had packed a picnic. We got the kids into their suits, sat up a blanket in the shade and set out the food. We just let the kids come and go as they pleased taking bites every once in a while. The kids had a blast playing in the water and we had a blast watching them.
We had taken bottles of water. Once the kids had drank / poured out all the water they took the bottles to the fountains to try and catch the water. I have to say Drew was the most persistant with this...

Max was a running fool
Corry was shakin her groove thing on the steps
Some of Drew's first attempts at catching the water
Calyn waiting to catch the water off guard
Sweet Corry filling up her bottle
Who can resist those baby blues
As I said Drew was really persistant trying to catch the water. So I talked him into putting the bottle on his head I positioned him just right and snapped pictures and laughed. If you will notice he has the bottle slightly tipped forward, the water wasn't quite getting into the bottle.  When the cycle of the jumping fountains was done he looked in his bottle and said HEY! I didn't catch any water. He was getting pelted with water. For me and mom it was quite entertaining.
Like I said, he was persistant. The girls tried to get in on the fun too.

By the end of the morning the kids were exhausted! I am not sure about the Dautrich kids but both my kids took a great nap on Friday. We had a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about the Friday trip...and now I got to see all the fun...Hugs, Grandma

Merrick said...

I like the one of the three of them with bottles on their heads.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Marta