I can not say that our PreK home visit was as eventful as my nephew Drew's. (see the Dautrich Blog) but it was entertaining.
Calyn was SO quiet the entire time. I don't see this much from her. Matt even told the teacher to take note of the quite little girl sitting there and remember it in a few months. Calyn wasn't completely unresponsive or anything. When the teacher would ask her something she would answer and she even threw out a few items on her own but she was no where near the Chatty Cathy that she normally is for sure.
Calyn was most excited about fixing up her "star of the week" poster. In fact the minute the teacher left Calyn said let's do my poster now. We were able to talk her into waiting this weekend to see if Grandma Chebs wanted to help us and possibly let us use her Cricut to make some animals and dolls for the poster. Before I knew it, Calyn had completely cut me out of the equation and said "how about I just have Grandma help me with this one" Rejection from a 4 year old... sheesh!
All in all I would say our home visit was a good one. Calyn and Drew's teacher is the one at Orientation that showed her classes website. She does a great job with it. She posts pictures and videos so I am really excited about that. Another big plus, you can tell she is great with kids!
I think Calyn and Drew (if he stays away from the maple syrup) are going to have a great first year in school!
3 years ago


2 comments:
Glad the Home Visit wasn't like Drews...I can't imagine drinking syrup...YUK..I like it on pancakes and that's it...is Calyn excited about going to school? and I hear that Terry has plans for left-out Max while the kids are in school...can hardly wait to hear all the stories...Hug,Grandma
Glad it went well! I'm still laughing over Drew's visit! Marta
Post a Comment