When I got to work on Monday, a sweet lady I work with, Sarah, said “I saw you at Wal-Mart on Friday” I kindly asked if she enjoyed the show. She laughed and said I heard him crying and this lady in a wheelchair passed by her and said “that poor mom. I feel for her” she said when she turned the corner and saw who it was she was like hey I know her! :) She said at that point Max was calming down so she chose not to come by in case it riled him up again.
Fast forward to last night, When I got to Merrick’s house to pick up the kids I wasn’t in a mood to cook so I asked Calyn if she wanted to go out to eat. She said “yeah! To Mama One Fajitas! (a.k.a Mama Juanitas). Then I was informed that Max had just eaten at 3:30 so he may not be too hungry. Any of you that have or have had a 2 year old knows if they aren’t hungry at a restaurant, there is a 99% chance you aren’t going to enjoy your meal. Matt was working out so it was just me and the kids. All of a sudden I was wishing I had kept my trap shut and just made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
I will spare you some details to keep what could be a very long story relatively short. We had to go home first before heading to the restaurant and it was very obvious that I was either going to have a devastated girl because we didn’t get to go to her favorite restaurant as promised or a maniac 2 year old on my hands!
After a few times of Calyn and I pretending we were going to leave Max at home by himself while we went and ate, he thought it would be best to get in the car…screaming the whole way to the restaurant. Peanut butter and jelly is really sounding good at this point.
I am not sure what happened between pulling into the parking lot and Mama One Fajitas front door but Max did a complete 180! We walked in and he immediately went from satan to a little angel. We ate a very nice dinner and the kids enjoyed some free ice cream.
Since they were so good I decided to treat them to a piece of gum out of the gum ball machine and everyone went home very happy and full! Life with a two year old is unpredictable!
Can you guess what color Max’s gum was?
On a side note, Calyn’s teacher comes tonight for her home visit. The other day when I told Calyn that she was coming Calyn said “I have a great idea. How about when she comes over we will all hide. She will walk in our front door and say hello, is anyone here? Then we will all jump out and say BOO! Wouldn’t that be funny?” No worries, we don’t have plans on hiding but Calyn did draw her a beautiful picture (front and back)


1 comment:
Have fun meeting Calyn's teacher. Hope Max does not decide to throw a fit during the visit! Marta
Post a Comment