Matt and I took the kids yesterday afternoon to their Doctor appointments. Turns out we have two small but perfect babies. Something of course we already knew.
Calyn weighed in at 27.8 lbs and Max weighed in at a whopping 13 lb 5.5 oz! Both are small for their age but that is ok.
Calyn was supposed to have a Hepatitis shot but they are out of them. Since she doesn't go to day care we were told it wasn't really necessary. We did opt to get her the flu shot though. The nurse told her to close her eyes that they were going to play a game. GiGi (the nurse) then rubbed the Alcohol on Calyn's leg and said is that cold or warm? Calyn said cold. She took a cotton ball and rubbed it on Calyns leg and said is that soft or prickly? Calyn said soft. Then GiGi said, I am going to pinch your leg and I want you to tell me if it hurt or didn't hurt. GiGi grabbed her leg and gave her the shot really fast. Calyn didn't even flinch (her eyes were still closed) but then had a look on her face like she was going to cry after GiGi was done. GiGi said "oh did I pinch you too hard?" and Calyn just nodded her head yes. She never cried and I still don't think she knows that she actually got a shot and not a hard pinch from Ms. GiGi.
Max was not so lucky to get just one shot yesterday. Now they combine a bunch of shots into one so instead of getting 6 shots yesterday Max got 3 (one of which was his flu shot). He cried and cried but forgot all about it by the time we got him in his car seat to leave. He is quite the trooper. He will have to go back for a flu booster shot in another month.
We think Max is perfect and according to the Dr. he is. :) His development is doing great and seems to be right on track.
I hope you all have a great Halloween! I know Calyn is really looking forward to ringing doorbells tonight! I will post some pictures tomorrow of our Halloween adventures.
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment