On rare occasions Matt, Calyn Max and I are all sitting around the table at the same time eating. Usually Calyn is "really really hungry for something" about 5:30 or 6:00 which is before Matt gets home in the evening so I go ahead and feed her early. Sunday however was one of those occasions where we ate all together. Even Max sat in his high chair and watched us eat.
Anyway, to get to my point, Matt had grilled pork chops and I had diced up potatoes and baked them with onion soup mix and sauteed some mushrooms and onions for the pork chops. I figured Calyn would not eat it but Matt made her try one piece of pork chop and she loved it. After eating a little of her dinner she looked at me and said "mommy this dinner is delicious!" She ate so well that she even got a cherry Snoopy Snow Cone after dinner.
Max will tell you when he is hungry too. He is eating rice cereal mixed with fruits or veggies 2 times a day now. His favorites are apples, pears, sweet potatoes, green beans and squash. We are not so much a fan of peas. I can't say that I blame him. He seems to tolerate bananas and carrots. He is a pretty laid back baby but as mom would tell you from her experience today, if your arm is not moving fast enough from the bowl to his mouth he will let you know! Sometimes I feel like I need 5 arms to keep up with him :)
I am so jealous that my parents are leaving tonight for Australia. I just hope they take lots of pictures so that I can live vicariously through their travels!!! Australia is a place that I would love to go at some point in my life! Rather than traveling, I will be watching three toddlers and an infant. I just hope they don't tie me up and lock me in a closet. Wish me luck!
3 years ago


2 comments:
Those little babies aren't going to tie you up, as long as you play with them like your Mom does...sing songs, play make believe...I'm taking it that you are in charge for the next few days...pick up toys before the naps...and then pick them up again before you go to bed...play paper dolls...Gee! your pork chops and all the fixing sure sounded good....wish they could of gone up to northern part...so different from the area that they are going to...lots of baren land and red dirt, lots of trees where they are going...and I would love like you to see it, again...and the tour she plans to take while your Dad takes of business...was something I didn't get to do and friends of mine that had gotten to go later...said it was so different...from the rest of the country...I'm so glad Terry got to go with Bob...hugs and kisses, Grandma
It sounds like you all are going to be busy while you Mom & Dad are having fun. I wish I could have gone too!
The kids are so cute. I love the stories about them. Calyn is doing better than COoper with the potty training. He just isn't interested in it at all!
Aunt Ruth & Van had Danikka at WalMart the other day. Van strayed off somewhere while Ruth was pushing Danikka in the cart. They went by a WlaMart employee & Danikka said, "Excuse me! Have you seen my Grandpa?" Toddlers are so cute! They will say anything.
Good luck with the babies for the next few days! Are you still off on Fridays?
Post a Comment