Sunday, October 19, 2008

A good weekend

Hi everyone!

We have had a great weekend so and I sure hope you have too!

Anyone seen the movie Max Payne yet? Was it good? Matt and I plan to go soon but will have to find the time. This weekend and next are busy ones for us!!

Our sweet little man Max turned 6 months old yesterday. I can't believe it's already 6 months! He is such a happy baby! In the last 6 months he has accomplished so much! He can roll tummy to back and back to tummy, he smiles, he laughs, he squeals, he can sit up on his own (just for a little bit) and I have even heard him babbling with the m sound. He is reaching and grasping for his toys and can even find his paci and put it back in himself. He is sitting intently in his swing right now playing with his toys and talking to them. He is such a blessing. Here is a cute picture of our little man.

Calyn has had some problems at gymnastics the last few weeks. She always does great when we first get there. She loves the group activities but when they split off into the small groups she all of a sudden gets shy and just wants to sit on the floor and watch. Then after about 45 minutes she starts asking for me and is ready to go. In the last week Matt and I have been talking to her about gymnastics and how fun it is. We explained that we really wanted her to play and have fun the whole time. Something must have soaked in because she participated all but 10 minutes this last time. The 10 minutes she didn't participate she wasn't just sitting there or looking for us she was pretending that she was a puppy and as we all know "puppies don't do nastics!" I was just happy she didn't just sit there or ask for me the whole time!! She says she has fun and that is all that matters! We are looking forward to her 3rd birthday which happens next week. We will start the celebration on Saturday with a kids party at Pump it Up (the bouncy houses) then that evening will have our 2nd annual Halloween Party mixed with a Family party for her. Then Sunday (her actual birthday) we will probably go to dinner and carve our pumpkins.

Here is a cute picture of Ms. Calyn coloring at the children's museum the other day. She made quite the masterpiece I must say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DARLING PICTURES...DON'T WORRY ABOUT CALYN NOT COMPLETING HER WHOLE GYM ACTIVITIES...I CAN JUST SEE HER BEING THE PUPPY...WHO TOOK THEM TO THE KIDS MUSEUM SO SHE COULD DO HER ART WORK? BRAVE, JUST LIKE YOUR MOM, I CAN'T GET OVER HOW LONG HER HAIR IS AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT MAX WILL BE IN CONTROL OF THE HOUSE...I'M SURE HE'S TRY'EN TO SAY "MOMMIE" AREN'T YOU? ENJOY THE WEEKEND AND NEXT WEEKEND FOR THE BIG PARTY, YOU'RE GOING TO BE VERY BUSY...LUV YA ALL, GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

What big blue eyes Max has!! The kids are so cute! I just love reading what they are all doing. Max is getting to be such a big boy! I miss having babies around!I'm coming down in Feb or March for warm weather & a baby fix!!!

Allison said...

That is a precious picture of Max!!