Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Tooth Fairy

Last night Calyn and I were talking and she informed me that someday her teeth are going to fall out. I said yes but it probably wouldn't happen for a few years still. She said "when they fall out the fairy will come" I said yes when you loose your teeth we put them under your pillow and while you are sleeping the tooth fairy comes in and takes your tooth and leaves money under your pillow. She said "yeah but my teeth aren't ready to come out yet. They have to wiggle and wiggle and wiggle first. My teeth are glued in right now so they won't come out." I said they are? Who glued them in? She said "PaPa Bob" So dad, thank you for gluing Calyn's teeth in so that they wouldn't fall out.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. My friend Leslie e-mailed me to tell me a friend's son, Benjamen, passed away early yesterday morning. He was only 10 months and 1 day old. He was having heart surgery and unfortunately passed away after 12 hours of hard work by his Dr. and staff. While I have not talked to Keri in years I found myself in tears a lot of my day yesterday trying to comprehend the emptiness that she must feel. It hurts my heart to even think about it. I can't even begin to imagine what she and her family are going through.
Last night Calyn threw a huge fit and instead of putting her in time out and letting her think about why she was so upset I decided to take a different approach. I picked her up, hugged her, stroked her hair, cuddled her and talked to her. Last night I didn't put Max in his swing so I could pick things up or do laundry. I played with him, talked to him, snuggled with him. I am sure time outs will come back and Max eventually will have to sit in his swing for a few minutes while mommy does some things around the house. But for last night I just enjoyed every minute with my babies. They are so precious!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Well, I almost starting crying too. I am sorry to hear that about your friend's loss. I hate hearing stuff like that. We are very blessed.

timluanne said...

I hate to hear that about your friend. You realize how lucky we all are to have healthy children when things like this happen. I will put her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Now I'm crying again....