Drew Calyn and Max started the morning out playing with Leggos after about an hour the natives were starting to get restless so we put on some jackets and headed to the park. We had a T-storm early this morning so all the slides were wet. Luckily I had a small towel that helped me dry off the swings. The kids swang for about 30 minutes then it was time to head home for lunch.
After lunch the kids played outside for a while. It was then time for the boys to go down for their naps.
Putting Drew down for his nap & Calyn asked if she could sing him a song. I said yes. She tells me she needs to get a kleenex first for her song. I wanted to see where it was going so I said ok. She held the kleenex flat behind her back stretched between her two hands and continues with "Fat guy in a little coat. Fat guy in a little coat. Richard what's happening to me?" Then rips the kleenex. (a scene from Tommy Boy with Chris Farley) She has only seen that movie once so I was really surprised that she recalled that whole scene.
A short time after the boys went down Corry got home from school. I got the girls ready and when Papa Charlie got here we headed to dance.
It was really fun getting to actually watch the girls in action rather than catching a glimpse every now and then while chasing Max.
After dance the kids played some more together (all 4 of them!!). It was a great day. You can't think that I went all day without taking pictures.... and video
Just a swingin...
Calyn twisting herself up
Thirsty boy
The boys eating some ice cream
Calyn wanted a cookies and cream shake instead of ice cream
Max's attempt to help me clean up... at least he attempted
Watching some TV waiting for Merrick to pick up the kids
Here's a video of the girls in dance. For some reason Corry seemed a little distracted today. Even the teacher said that was very unlike her. Maybe she was tired or maybe I was a distraction... who knows whatever it was it made for a pretty cute video.


3 comments:
I'd say you had a fun day at the park...and Max needs more practice with the clean-up..but he tried...Corry wanted to make sure YOU WERE WATCHING...Did Drew drop right off to sleep with Calyn's singing...Looks like you had fun watching them grow...Hugs, Grandma
It's amazing what kids remember. Loved the Tommy Boy quote story and an A+ for including props :)
Such cute stories & pics about the kids. I enjoyed catching up on their activities.
Post a Comment