As you know from my previous post, I took Max to the Dr yesterday to try and determine if there was a reason for his limping (he's now been limpin for 4 days) Traci, the N.P (we love her) watched him limp around, felt his bones and moved his hips, ankles and knees every which a way. The only thing that we got from it all was the confirmation that it was on the left leg.
She told me that a lot of times at this age they will get a cold or something similar and the virus will settle in their joints and caus an infection. She did a CVC test to rule out an infection in his joints and his white count came back completely normal.
She didn't think that x-rays were necessary since he was not swollen or bruised and he was walking and climbing and not really complaining about the pain. I just have to give him some motrine for the next few days. If he is still limping on Monday she suggested I take him in for x-rays.
I just hope that this morning when he wakes up he is walking completely normal.... I'm doubtful but hopeful!
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment