So bath time at the Payne house is usually pretty uneventful. Sometimes I have to carry Calyn in by the ankles but once she is in the bathroom she is fine. Since she was little, I have taken a bath with her. It's just easier than having to bend over the tub to scrub her up. The normal routine is I wash her brains then I scrub down her body she rinses off. I then turn on the cold water in a small stream (at her request) so she can play with a cup and her people. At that time I would get out and get dressed and let her play for awhile. Since Max has joined in bath time fun, I get in with Calyn get her all clean then holler for Matt and he brings in a nudie Max. I scrub him all up. Matt takes Max then I get out get dressed and turn on Calyn's cold water. This process has not changed since Max was born. Last night however, Calyn requested I turn on the cold water early. I obliged. Why wouldn't I, right? I was in the middle of scrubbing Max's brains when all of a sudden I felt this rush of freezing cold water. Calyn had dumped a brimming full cup of ice cold water on an unsuspecting Max (right on his tummy) Since I was holding him I am VERY aware of just how cold that water was. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR! Max immediately started screaming which made Calyn cry. Just by her reaction to him crying, I 100% believe she did not do it to be mean. I just think she was trying to "help"
It probably goes without saying that next time I will not turn the cold water on until Max has exited the bathtub!
3 years ago


3 comments:
Poor Max!
When Auntie M was little, of course not as young as Max, I resented having to share my bath time with "little sister". So I used to run the water onto a washcloth and ask her to guess if it would be hot, cold, or snuggy. She would beg not to get the "hot towel"; she always got the "hot towel" but it never stopped her from taking a bath with me! Mom
I have really enjoyed keeping up with both your and Merrick's blogs. It is stories like this that I try to make a mental note of...you just never know what the little buggers are gonna do.
Post a Comment