Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our First Trip To The Dentist.....

was a success!!! Calyn did so good! I REALLY liked the dentist that we took her to as well! He came recommended by about 7 friends who all take their kids there.
Being new patients I fully expected to be in there for at least an hour. We walked in and I handed them my paperwork (I filled it out at home first) We sat down for maybe 5 minutes and the doctor (not the nurse) came out to get us. He sat across from us and asked us if we had any questions about kids teeth in general etc... we asked a few questions and he said ok lets come on back. We walked into the back room and Calyn clung on tight to Matt. She was really nervous (or "so shy" as she put it). Matt sat on a stool and Calyn leaned back and put her head on the hygienist's lap. The hygienist was talking to Calyn and explaining what she was going to do. She brushed her teeth for her then put a fluoride treatment on her. Dr. Wheeler then came and took a look at her teeth. He said she had perfect spaces and a perfect bite. He confirmed what we already knew, Calyn has a beautiful smile.
Calyn got a Dora sticker, a new tooth brush, tooth paste, floss a little hour glass timer and a little bag for being such a good patient. Maybe next time she won't be "so shy" when we go to the dentist. :)

5 comments:

timluanne said...

Oh wow you saw Dr. Wheeler! We love him. Zach will be going next week. He is really good with the kids and they all seem to like him.

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl! I am so glad her experience was a great one. I'm still "so shy" when I have to go to the dentist--never was a good experience for me, Grandma Chebs.

Scott said...

Glad it was such a good experience.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful treatment, I think when I go to the Dentist in Jan. I'm going to be "shy" that takes all the fear/hoping that you get a clean bill of Health...
hugs and Kisses, Grandma

Anonymous said...

dr. wheeler is our cousin! he's the best :)
-chelsi & shelbi