Friday, May 15, 2009

Bumps, Bruises and Uh Oh's

Happy Friday everyone!
I haven't really had much to talk about the last few days. It's been pretty much the normal routine.
Here lately Calyn has seemed to have a few mishaps. Most of them occur when she is not entirely paying attention to what she is doing.
Matt and Merrick had met mom at Schlotzsky's the other day for lunch and I guess Matt had to tell Calyn to stay in her seat about a bazillion times. When he went to throw his trash away she was sitting on her knees on the chair and fell off of it pretty much landing on her head... bring on goose egg #1.
Then yesterday after Uncle Gary, Aunt Marta and Andrew got here we were all walking out the door to go eat dinner and Calyn was looking at her new toy that the Dorman's had brought her. She tripped over the threshold of Merrick's front door and landed flat. Her toy went flying, she skinned both of her knees and you guessed it got goose egg #2 on her forehead. :*( Poor little baby!

Max still doesn't talk much. He babbles a lot and sometimes we think we hear him say things like the other day when he handed Matt a toy car we couldn't have sworn he said 'car' but we couldn't get him to do it again. Something he has said consistently though is uh oh! Usually it's when he is playing with something and throws it (his favorite past time) or when something he is playing with rolls off the coffee table or something. But he usually uses it in good context and he uses it a lot.

Tonight is our weekly Crown and Coke night so we are meeting over at Merrick and Jimmy's and having Greek Tony's pizza (Pepperoni, Bacon and Jalapeno, mmmmmmm my favorite!) at Uncle Gary's request. It is his favorite when he comes to visit. Then we are going to go down and walk the water way. I am planning on taking my camera so I can get some pictures.

Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

timluanne said...

Make sure to stop at the park in between the library and the pavilion. Lots of great places to take pictures there!

Scott said...

Bacon Pepperoni and JalapeƱo sure sounds like a good pizza, but you better have a Rolaids chaser with that! (At least I would at my age!)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

POOR CALYN...AND HAVE A FUN TIME THIS EVE....LOOKING FOR SOME MORE STORMS THIS EVE...THEN COOLER TOMORROW...TELL ALL HI FOR ME...GRANDMA

Sandi said...

Poor Little Calyn! Scott & Mike always had so many bumps & bruises that I was afraid that they would think I abused them.
That pizza sounds great! Next time I come, I'll have to try it! I'm still thinking about coming inOctober for the big quilt show - it is Mecca for quilters!!!