Max took his first steps around his first birthday. He would take a few steps here a few steps there and fall down and resort to crawling. Over the last month and a half he has practiced more and more on his walking but in the end he always wound up on all fours. Yesterday was the first time I noticed that every time Max lost his balance and fell he didn't crawl to get to the object he was after, he stood himself back up and walked. So I think I can say we officially have a walker! Wooo Hooo for Max!!! He is a boy so I am sure running will soon follow.
Yesterday I was watching my little Calyn play at the park and I noticed something. My first born is no longer a baby. I know she's 3 1/2 and I have one that is even younger than her but in my eyes she was still a baby. I just watched her as she ran across the wood mulch over to the "big slide" equipment and climbed up there by herself not using the steps but the other obstacles that they have to assist with climbing. She had a big smile on her face and slid down. She just looked like a little girl. It was a picture that I have in my mind that I hope I never forget. She was so happy. My only question, where did my baby go? She amazes me every day!
Oh and just in case you are wondering.... Bonnie lives. In mom's words not mine "Warden Chebs gave her a stay of execution" She had a miraculous recovery and was acting like she hadn't lost all her marbles yesterday so mom just couldn't do it.
3 years ago


3 comments:
congrats
Yeah Max!!! It's funny cause I was just thinking 2 seconds ago how big all the kids are getting :(
Look out girls & Drew! He may be small, but he is mighty!!
Post a Comment