Thursday, June 11, 2009

Out Of The Mouth of a 3 Year Old

OK I know I've already posted today but my mom told me a story about Calyn this morning that I just had to share. I am getting this second hand so it may not be word for word what happened but it will be close and will give you an idea of some of the funny things my little 3 year old says. She is so funny!

Yesterday Drew and Calyn were upstairs playing with Drew's trains when the Drama Queen (a.k.a. Calyn) let out a blood curdling scream. Mom said with the way it sounded she figured that Calyn had been hit, pinched, bit or something. When my mom finally got Calyn to calm down Calyn told my mom that Drew wouldn't share his trains. Drew came down soon after and said something to the effect of I will NOT share my trains with Calyn. Mom said before she could say anything to Drew, Calyn firmly pointed her index finger at him shook it and said 'Someday you are going to be at my house and I am going to have something that you want to play with and I am going to tell you that you can not play with it. That will make you really sad.' She then said 'I want you to sit down right there mister (pointing to the bench) I'm going to sing you a song.' Drew sat down as directed and Calyn started in with You better watch out. You better not cry. Better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town..... Once the song was done Drew invited Calyn to come up and play with his trains.

I sometimes wonder how my mom contains her laughter. I am glad that Calyn was able to solve the problem with a song and everyone ended up happy.

2 comments:

timluanne said...

Priceless.. I'm still laughing!

Abbie said...

This is by far my favorite Calyn story. She is such a riot!