Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rocco the Raccoon

This morning my dad came over to clean out our dryer vent. He was outside and came in to get Calyn to "show her something" When they came back in I asked my dad what he was showing her. Apparently there was a raccoon that had camped out under Matt's truck. I quickly went to get my camera but when I went out there Rocco (as I have named him) was all hunched up and staring at me. It gave me the heebee geebees so I went back in with out snapping any pictures. Fast forward to a little later in the day. I went home to let my puppies out and grab some swim suits for the kids (I had been at Merrick and Jimmy's house all day) Drew had decided to go with me. I opened the garage and saw that dad had put Drew's birthday present in the garage so I closed the garage and decided Drew and I would go through the front door. My mind was quickly changed when I saw this..........................................


















My understanding is that because raccoons are nocturnal it is not a good thing that he was out during the day. I know they are big carriers of rabies. So even though I have named Rocco I am afraid if he is seen again we will have to call animal control. I actually tried to call them today but they were closed. If we see him tomorrow I will try and call them again I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was he still around when you all came home later in the eve...when your Dad wrote about so-called Rocco...I thought of rabies...as it's rather unusal to ever see them around unless they are sick...when we lived on 6th one decided to greet me at the carport..well, let me tell you the car was parked in the front of the house, all night...your Granddad said he wouldn't hurt me...but he wasn't too brave about putting the car under the carport...his excuse was he was already in his pj's..they're supposed to live away from people....anyway...like deep woods....

Scott said...

We caught a few raccoons at our house. They were munching on the garden, so I borrowed a non-lethal trap and we "relocated" them to the neighbor's yard. (Only kidding, we drove them out to the country.)

I was digging through the old photo albums, and I came across some neat photos of you guys back in 1985. You'll have to check back at my blog... I'm going to post them in the next day or two.

Deachi, you look like an angel in the photos!