Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A trip to Walgreens

Hi everyone!
Last night Calyn and I went to Walgreen's to pick up a few items (sure beats having to go to Wal-Mart!!) Anyway we were just about done when we walked by the Junk aisle. You know the one that has all the seasonal stuff, candy etc... Anyway she said "mommy I've been a good girl...ooooooooo MICKEY MOUSE!!!!" How can you say no to that? She has us so trained! So she picked up her Mickey Mouse and we headed to the front of the store. She handed her new toy to the cashier and he gave it right back to her. She told him thank you (completely unprompted, yeah Calyn) She then kind of stepped behind me as I was paying and I could hear her singing and could tell she was spinning with Mickey. I heard her singing "if you keep on believing" over and over (obviously the only words she knows to the Cinderella song A dream is a wish your heart makes.) Anyway, there she was spinning and singing when I heard her trip and hit the ground. She bounced right back up and said "I'm ok mommy and Mickey's ok too" of course I told her I was glad she was ok and then asked what happened she said "I don't know I was just singing and dancing with Mickey and I fell and bonked my knee. I'm ok though I don't need a bandide (how Calyn says bandaid)" I thought the cashier was going to die laughing. She is too funny!
A little update on Mr. Max. I guess he doesn't really like to nap during the afternoon. He must be afraid that he is going to miss out on all the action. Mom said yesterday that he just napped a few minutes (long enough for her to drink a diet coke) He did sleep well last night though. In fact he was just waking up when I left the house at 6:15 this morning. Which means he slept almost 8 hours again between feedings... BEAUTIFUL!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Merrick said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn to play the "I've been a good girl" card? Corry is an expert....Drew hasn't figured it out yet, but I see him being more of a "throw a fit because I want something and I want it NOW kind of guy." I guess time will tell!

Anonymous said...

Sometime, I'm sure the Little People are much smarter than any of us are...I'm begginng to think we have 3 CON people...Max is still too young to be included...but one day you will wake up and he will be one of the BIG 4...enjoy and all of you enjoy each others company....take care...Grandma