Thursday, July 31, 2008

Don't take my baby brother!

Quite some time ago (Max was still very new) Papa Charlie joked with Calyn that he was going to take baby Max back to his house to live to see what Calyn's reaction would be. She immediately started bawling and saying "please don't take my baby brother" over and over. It was so sad yet so heart warming too to see she truly was excited that he was there. The very next day my parents came over. We hadn't discussed what Charlie had said or anything and wouldn't you know it my dad said the same thing!! Again, Calyn started bawling saying "please don't take my baby brother" So from that point on we had to warn the family not to say anything or even tease that they were going to take Max or Calyn would burst into tears.
Last night we were going to the park and we saw some of our neighbors and friends, the Vara's, walking their little girl Haley. They hadn't seen Max yet so we stopped and talked to them for a while and Stephanie said something about Max coming to live with them and Calyn in a real quiet voice said "momma I don't want them to take baby Max" (this time no tears). We all reassured her that Max wasn't going to go anywhere. That he was going to stay with us. I have to say it is nice to know that Calyn still wants her baby around. LOL :)

2 comments:

svara said...

I hope I didn't cause any lasting damage! They are both so precious :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is enjoy the moment..

Hugs and Kisses to all

Grandma