Yesterday after Max's bath I got his little diaper on him and his pj's and I decided I would let him get acquainted with the little baby in the mirror. I don't know why I hadn't thought to do this earlier. When I first pointed him toward the mirror I had a hard time getting him to turn his head to look at our reflections. He was too busy looking at my jewelry manikin to even notice the two people staring back at us but finally he caught a glimpse. He looked at himself with this confused look on his face for a long time. He then looked at my reflection and got this huge smile on his face. He looked at himself again and again got this confused look (kind of like he was thinking hey who are you?) He looked at my reflection again and smiled real big again. So obviously he knows what mommy (aka dinner) looks like but wasn't too sure about that other little person in there. :)
I don't know if I've told you all or if you can tell by some of Max's pictures but he has the bluest eyes. They are just beautiful right now. I know that babies eyes usually don't change until they are between 6 months and a year but if you look at them now they are bright and clear blue. You could get lost in them and mommy often does!
Calyn was a good girl yesterday evening and Daddy surprised her with a trip to the ice cream store. I asked her if she wanted cookie ice cream and Matt said I bet she wants that one (Birthday Cake with sprinkles) I just looked at him because I knew by the time we were done eating our ice cream I was going to have birthday cake ice cream and she was going to have my cookies and cream. Don't get me wrong I like the taste of cake batter as much as the next guy but it is so rich and I really had a hankering for cookies and cream. Oh well it made her happy and that is all that matters.
I hope you guys have a great day!
3 years ago


1 comment:
I hope Max keeps those BLUE EYES, and I'm with you on the choise of Ice Cream...but sounds like you had a fun day...and that's all that matters...Hugs and Kisses, Grandma
Post a Comment