Grandma I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! We will call this evening so we can sing to you! Do you have any plans?
For those of you that don't have the pleasure of knowing my grandma, she is WONDERFUL! You are missing out.
Here is what I wrote in her 80th birthday book last year.
Grandma’s ABC’s
(Memories of Grandma)
Apples and Cheese – a snack she used to make us after school at St. Mary’s
Beer that we drank in the basement at grandma’s house when we were little (shhhh don’t tell)
Coffee & CNN the smell of a fresh pot of coffee with news going on in the background
Devotion to her family, friends and Faith
Eggnog – Making Eggnog with Grandma at Christmas time
Fifi – Mr. Felix Grandma’s cat
Grandma’s breakfast – There’s nothing like it!
Happiness – a feeling you get when you’re around her
Ireland – kissing the Blarney Stone gave us the gift to gab together
Jumping for joy when Grandma told us we had a new baby brother
Kindhearted for letting me and Lexi live with her
Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra – the song that played at our wedding that she danced to and looked like she was having the time of her life
Mexico – Our girls trip to Cancun & the cheerleading trip to Mexico City & Acapulco
New York –Phantom of the Opera, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, WTC…
Orchestra the countless BORING concerts she sat through to listen to me play
Purple – the color we painted her bedroom for her one year as a Christmas gift
Quarters, dimes, nickels & pennies - the change she saves every month for ice cream money for her great grandkids
Racing to hide after leaving her a May Day basket when we were little
Spoons – making poor Grandma bleed during an aggressive game one Christmas
Terry passing gas in Marble Slab & Grandma bringing it to everyone’s attention
Unique – there’s only one like her in the whole world
Village – Her village that she has up in her living room year round
With the times – She’s not afraid to play on the computer and learn new things
Xtra special to me
Yellow LUV truck that she let me borrow when the VW got rear ended
Zillion – the number of times I could tell her I love her and she still wouldn’t have a clue how special she is to me.
So, happy birthday Grandma! We love you!
3 years ago


4 comments:
I love reading these thoughts, Deachi. No one has a Grandma as unique and devoted to her family as she is. Aren't we ever the luckiest? Whether it is singing at the Piano bar with a glass of wine or lounging on a Cozumel beach drinking margaritas, Grandma shows us how to "live it up". Happy Birthday! Love, Terry
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, EVERYONE SHOULD LIVE TO BE 81...IT'S A GREAT LIFE, BUT REALLY I'M "THE NEW 61" TAKE CARE,XXOOXXOO,GRANDMA
This brought a little tear to my eye - so very sweet....I might just make one for my Grammie....
Wow Deachi that is so beautiful. I have so many tears in my eyes as I think of my Mam-Maw and how many of those same things I could say about her. That was really sweet, keep enjoying her as much as you can.. the funny thing that we have in common is we drank beer at our grandmas.
Post a Comment