Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweet Tales from Yesterday

I think I can speak for both Matt and I when I say that our children mean everything to us. Life is near perfect with them in our lives. For the most part they are happy, funny, entertaining little beings. It's the little things that bring so much joy to them. For instance, last night Calyn was sitting on the counter top at Merrick and Jimmy's house. Merrick had just peeled her an apple with one of those peelers where it takes the peel off in one long curly strip, cores and slices the apple into rings. After Merrick was done with the peel Calyn took it and put it over her hair and said like my hair? Of course we said yes. She then put it over her ear and said like my ear ring? We said yes again. She then took the long strip and held it at the end and made it bounce up and down and said look it's dancing then broke out into song "you are the dancing queen...." It gave us a little chuckle.

Max was a happy little guy last night after his bath. He was crawling all over the play room keeping daddy busy while I bathed Calyn. He loves his toys (and Calyn's too) He seems to be a lot like Calyn in that he can entertain himself for quite some time before looking around for mommy and daddy to entertain him. He is a happy little fella! We have to keep an eye on him though. He seems to think dog food is a yummy snack. That little guy is fast too. A lot of times it is a race between me and him to see who can get to the pantry faster. 99% of the time I win. We have been making a conscious effort to keep the pantry door closed when we are home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple peel and dog food can make a persons life worth living...Now kids a comment.."you are now paying for your raising"...just laugh and it will always be a good memory.....when they are grown...XXOOXXOO, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Aww, how cute are your kids? It seems Ella and Max have very similar tastes in food, she's a little partial to dog food herself lol!