Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Snot Monster Returns

Well it seems Mr. Max has the snots again. I don't ever remember Calyn getting this many colds when she was his age. I imagine he is out and about more than she was though since he gets dragged from place to place for Calyn's activities. Oh well I guess the positive way to look at it is he is building up that immune system.
This morning he woke up at 3 a.m. crying. I went in his room popped back in his paci and left (usually that works like a charm). About 5 minutes later he started crying again so Matt got up and went in there. About 10 minutes later he again started to cry. This time we turned down the monitor and decided to let him cry it out. After about 5 minutes of hearing him screaming through the walls at 3:30 in the a.m. I got up and went in his room. I picked him up and could hear that he was having a hard time breathing through his nose. I loaded him up with Vic's changed his diaper got him a small midnight snack (I was covering all basis) I stood and swayed with him until he was done with his bottle (he drained it!) Then I gave him some Tylenol. I laid him back down and never heard another peep. One of those things that I had "fixed" was what was bothering him. Poor little guy. Needless to say I was EXHAUSTED when my alarm went off at 4:47 this a.m. telling me it was time to go punish myself some more at the gym.... It may be an early night tonight.

Talk to you all soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Max...you know if that happen tonight...you'll have a pretty good idea just what works..xxooxxoo,Grandma