Thursday, February 19, 2009

What are Belly Button's for?

That was my question of the day to Calyn yesterday. I am going to try and do this from time to time just to see what her response is.
Here is Calyn's take on a belly button:
me: Calyn What is that? (pointing to her belly button)
Calyn: It's my belly button
me: What does a belly button do?
Calyn: It tells us when we are hungry
me: Really what does it do to tell you that you are hungry
Calyn: It says (in a really high voice) feed me I am hungry!!!
With Calyn's imagination I wouldn't be surprised if she really does think her belly button talks to her.

Last night after bath Calyn was saying that she was hungry so I poured her a bowl of cereal. She sat at the table and ate it. When she got up she came into the living room and said my tummy is full out to here. I think my belly button might pop off. :) She is too funny!

Mr. Max amazes me more every day. He is really working on his standing skills. He has even let go of what is stabilizing him a few times. Usually he is only on his feet for seconds before plopping back down on his popo. He seems to be pretty confident and brave. I have a feeling with Max he will be walking before his 1st birthday. Sniff.... which is only two months away! Now who can believe that? I know I can't!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

That Calyn is such a character! I cannot believe that Max will be 1 in two months - that is absolutely crazy!

Anonymous said...

Love hearing Calyn's explanations of just about everything she needs to tell us about...Aren't y ou glad you missed lunch with ME,Mom and the kids today...sounded like a circus, but yet all ended well...Rachel and Derek will be here tomorrow, so will let you all know how much she has changed...Derek is so grown up now...Sarah doesn't get to come as she has to be with her Mom...XXOOXXOO,Grandma