Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Boogie Man

Max is still holding on to this cold. It does sound like he is drying up a bit but from time to time I have to break out the ocean water (saline nose spray that loosens those thick dry boogies) and booger ball and suction out his nose. Yesterday he sounded like he was having a little trouble breathing through his nose so I gave him a little spray in the right nostril and suctioned him out. It didn't sound or feel like any thing came out so I squeezed the booger ball to go back in for more and a giant boogie shot out of it and smacked (and stuck to) poor Max's forehead. I couldn't quit laughing! There was this sweet little boy looking at me with a huge smile on his face with a giant boogie in the middle of his forehead. It was so gross!

I am knocking on wood as I type this... Calyn seems to have avoided the snots. I have probably just doomed her into having the worst case of it but hopefully not. At least with her she knows how to blow her nose. It makes it a little easier anyway.

Sounds like Merrick survived day one of watching all 4 kids. Tomorrow will be Matt's turn then I get to have some fun on Thursday and Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POOR MAX...AND I, TOO,HOPE CALYN MISSES ALL OF THIS...DOES MATT HAVE HIS DAY ALL PLANNED FOR TOMORROW...AND HOPE ALL TAKE LONG NAPS...NO NEWS FROM HERE...BUT DID HEAR THAT RACHEL IS WALKING ON HER OWN...FEW STEPS WHILE HERE...BUT NOW MAY GO OUT FOR TRACK AND FIELD..HA...XXOOXXOO, GRAANDMA