Mom and Dad returned from Vegas to a nasty surprise. Their house (actually a big pine tree outside their house) was struck by lightning. This killed many appliances inside their house including their computer, cable boxes, air conditioning (and Houston in August that is not a good thing!). Dad had asked if Matt would come over and help him hook back up his new cable box and surround sound to the receiver. So yesterday evening was spent and Grandma Chebs and Papa Bob's house. Merrick, Corry and Drew joined us for dinner over there since Jimmy works late on Tuesdays. (I am going somewhere with this I promise....)
Mom, Merrick and I were sitting outside on the back patio while the kids played in the back yard. Calyn walked over to my dad's big flower pot that holds his Gerber Daisy plant. Calyn started going for the only red flower on the plant. When we stopped her from plucking it she said but I need the beautiful flower. We told her that it was Papa Bob's special flower and it would make him very sad if she pulled it out. So she just sat there looking at it with temptation in her eye. About that time sweet little Pookies (Corry) came walking up and you could almost see the wheels start turning in Calyns head... Here is how it went
Calyn: "Corry get that flower"
Us (Mom Merrick and me): "No Corry don't pick that flower"
Calyn: "Go ahead Corry get the flower" (patting Corry gently on the back)
Corry: giggles and reaches for the flower
Us: "Corry don't pick Papa Bob's flower"
Calyn: "Go on get that flower"
Me: Calyn stop telling Corry to do things that are going to get you both in trouble
It was insane it was like the cartoons where the little devil is standing on one shoulder and the little angel is on the other. Poor Corry was caught in the middle. Luckily Corry listened to the angel and Papa Bob's flower was saved.
Calyn is such a twerp! She is a cute and funny twerp though.
3 years ago


1 comment:
I can just see all of this...have to say...I had to laugh, but glad the red flower was saved....xxooxxoo, Grandma
Post a Comment