Monday, April 27, 2009

1 year stats, snot, Disney World and Nap Time

1st year Dr. Appointment
Here are Max's 1 year old stats
Length: 27 inches
Weight: 17lbs 6 oz (I know he is a beast! :)
I know you can't compare girls and boys but Calyn at a year was 27 1/2 inches and 16lbs 15oz so they seem to be on the same growth pattern.

Snots
Calyn doesn't really seem to have the snots just a bad chest cold. Although the other day at gymnastics she told Ms Ashley that she needed to come see me because she "has snot in her nose that she needs to get out"
Max developed the snots and the cough. I don't want either of my kids to be sick. It’s no fun for them or us when they are. But can’t help but feel really sorry for Max at least Calyn can take a cough suppressant for some relief and knows how to blow her nose. Max, on the other hand, can't take anything because of his age and size. Instead, he has to get ocean water sprayed up his nose and get suctioned out with a boogie grabber. It is NO FUN and he really doesn't appreciate it!

Disney World
Saturday afternoon we were hanging out with Merrick and the kids while the fellas golfed. Merrick said I can't wait until these little guys are older (perhaps 2012?) so we can take them to Disney World. Calyn and Corry were standing right there and Merrick said something about the Princesses being there and Corry said but I don't want to go to Disney, I want to go to Mexico so I can meet Dora. It was so cute. Perhaps we can pull off "going to Mexico to see Dora" by visiting the Nickelodeon studios while we are in Florida.

Nap Time
It seems for Calyn that nap time is becoming more of a quiet time for Calyn. A couple of days ago I was cleaning out the hall closet at nap time. Calyn has this easel in her room that has these clips to hold the paper on. I heard Calyn in her room going hmmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm. Like she was talking/humming with her mouth closed. I cracked the door open to tell her that she needed to try to sleep and she laid down real fast and pretended like she was asleep. She forgot, however, to take the big clip off of her lips. So she was laying there playing opossum with a giant paper clip on her lips. It was hilarious!!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!! I will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Tell Corry, she shouldn't go to Mexico JUST YET. At least not without Tamiflu.