Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Power of Allyson

This weekend we attended a fund raiser in Ponca City for Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center in honor of our friends little girl Allyson Perry. On May 2nd of 2008 Allyson was diagnosed with a very rare brain tumor at the young age of 4 years old. Please take a minute to read about her story here http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/allysonperry/mystory
The fund raiser was a success with a golf tournament on Friday that Matt, Jimmy, Gary and Andrew (my uncle and cousin) played in with 24 other teams and a dinner and auction on Saturday night with around 160-170 people in attendance. The link below takes you to a video that they showed at the dinner. Please watch her video with a box of Kleenex by your side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndqbIgJ0rU8.
I know a lot of you already have charities that you support but if you have been looking for a good one this is it!! This hospital does so much for children and their families that need help. If you would like to make a contribution you can do so by going to www.powerofallyson.com Please don't feel obligated. I will have no idea if you did or didn't donate. It doesn't matter if it is $5 or $5,000, every little bit helps!

I am hoping to come back out here this evening and post some pictures from our trip to Ponca. I have had zero time since we returned Sunday night to post them. I got some good ones!
Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

The DeCoteau's said...

It's too bad we missed you guys in Ponca. That would have been neat to see your kiddos in person. Max is such a cutie, and Calyn just seems like such a joy! Hope the travels went well, and we can't wait to see the new pics.