Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Damn Swine Flu!!

Wouldn't you know that the first time in five years that Matt and I have taken a trip without kids there would be this huge scare like the Swine Flu! Ugh!!!! The last trip that Matt and I took together was when we crashed Merrick and Jimmy's 5th wedding anniversary in Vegas (before any of us had kids). That trip we came back with Whooping Cough. Here we are now trying to crash their 10th anniversary with a cruise to Mexico and there is a stupid Swine Flu pandemic going on.....Perhaps Matt and I should stop trying to crash Merrick and Jimmy's anniversaries! LOL
The plan at this point is still to go. We loaded up on the hand sanitizer. Merrick has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow to see if she can get a Rx for Tamiflu, I am going to go over to the Anadarko doctor today to see if I can get the same. Matt has a call into his doctor to see if he can get one too. I don't know about Jimmy. I imagine he is probably going to try the same as well.
Carnival Cruise Lines is still traveling as normal and have had no reports of the swine flu on any of their ships. We are hoping that the trip will go as planned but I really don't mind if the ship stays out at sea and doesn't go to port. I am just looking forward to a nice relaxing trip. Hopefully I won't get mask lines.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BY ALL MEANS...GO..THERE IS PLENTY TO DO ON THE SHIP...YOU GUYS WILL HAVE FUN...GRANDMA

Sandi said...

I was wondering what you all were going to do. It sounds like you are taking a lot of precautions. If I had been flying home last weekend insteadof the one before from Houston, the way I sounded, they probably would have quaranteend me!